Friday, February 8, 2013

Maybelline Clean Express! Classic Eye Makeup Remover is the 'sunshine of my [makeup removal] life'

Ok, it's official: I am going to be deeply upset if this product ever becomes discontinued.  I'm talking about Maybelline's latest makeup removal product: Clean Express! Classic Eye Makeup Remover which is one part of a four product makeup removal lineup that includes the following (in case you want to try out the whole range) -
I've been through "the lot" (as the English say) of makeup removal products.  From drugstore brands, no-name or store brands to high-end department store makeup removal options, I can certainly say that this is IT for me (am I blushing?)  I seriously doubt I'd ever buy a different type of removing product again if this remains on the market (note to Maybelline: PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE don't discontinue this one, it's amazing!)

What makes this product worth all my praise?  Believe me, I love this item so much, this blog post could probably turn love poem style - never underestimate the power of a product that over-delivers!

The basics

It "does what it says on the tin" (again, another Englishism - four years of English living rubs off!) - and more!  Not only does it gently remove makeup (none of this rubbing and stretching your eyes in order to remove product from the eyes as is common with other brands) but since it is an oil-free solution, it won't have nasty lingering oil/sheen on the eye area - 1st two pluses!

Next, it doesn't require a lot of the product to take off any makeup.  Just a small dab (less than the size of a quarter) should do it (per eye).  Using less product = less frequent repurchases = saving money.  We all love that!

Your eye area will be left with a moisturized feeling to the touch.  The whole eye perimeter will feel soft and hydrated.

I tried this product when attempting to remove: lash primer, mascara (one coat), eyelid primer, eyebrow powder filler and cream eyeshadow.  Even with all of this to take off, I only used ONE cosmetic pad for both eyes + product - incredible result!

The extras

Fragrance - I bet you will ask people after trying the product - as I did to my sister earlier this week after sampling this for the first time - "smell my eyes!"  The fragrance is difficult to describe, but lovely.  It reminds me of summertime smells, sunblock and licorice - wonderful!  Rather regularly, I smell the bottle even when I'm not actually intending to immediately use it because I love the scent that much (I know, a bit odd but I can't help it, I'm in makeup remover fragrance heaven!)

Cost and convenience - I purchased this up at my local Walmart for $5.94 but it can be found in any drugstore or big box store like Target or Kmart which means it'll always be easy to find.  The price is very affordable considering I anticipate this will be long-lasting purchase.

Also, the bottle is pink.  Need I say more?

Don't think about it, just buy it!

If you are looking to switch your makeup removal product, you should really consider this one.  I actually went out and bought a second bottle the next day after I took home my first bottle because I loved it so much.  In my [residue free!] eyes, it's a can't fail purchase!

As a final note, I will try the rest of the Clean Express! line (when I do, I'll definitely blog about it), but at the moment, I'll probably continue to use this one until it's gone and then fin out how the other items in the collection compare.  I'd suggest the waterproof Clean Express! product if you are a heavy makeup wearer/in love with waterproof eye products as this one was exemplary and I'd imagine this waterproof (and other items in the range) are too.

Please do let me know your thoughts about any of the products in this collection - it would be great to hear your feedback about them too!  Maybe I'll discover other Clean Express! followers!

p.s. I am so obsessed with this product, I'll even vlog about it.  Watch out for an updated post with the link to my vlog (katebynumbers)!

p.p.s. In case you were wondering, this DEFINITELY is in my Beauty Hall of Fame!

2 comments:

  1. Cool blog :D



    http://www.facebook.com/AmandaChicFashionRoomLounge?ref=hl
    http://fashionroomlounge.blogspot.com.es/

    A chic kiss ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks! Your blog is great too! Love the fashion photographs!

      Delete