Sunday, March 17, 2013

Review: Lush Cupcake Fresh Face Mask

Trying out the mask!
Lush's Cupcake Fresh Face mask will make your sensitive skin (or as I like to call mine, "cheap skin"), smile - for a cost of $6.95.

Application 

The product has a sticky, clay, mud-like texture that is a bit tricky to work onto the face but once applied it works deep into the skin and has a bit of a tingly feeling.

During use

Fortunately, this mask isn't terribly tight like other mask products I've used previously.  In terms of dryness, it doesn't feel as though it is drying out the skin either (another issue I've had with face masks in the past).

Scent 

A wave of cocoa tickles your nose and then a lovely minty fragrance finishes, leaving your nose wanting more of this all-natural, made from scratch mask.
Read more...

Results

I find after using this product, my skin feels much more refreshed, clean - but not over-dried and thirsty-feeling - and I have seen a noticeable reduction in blackheads on my nose.  My trouble spots (like my T-zone) feel more balanced and less oily after applying this product and this mask does not make me break out.

As the product is clay-like, it isn't as moisturizing as other Lush masks may be, particularly those made with more oily, creamy ingredients (just wanted to note this in case you hadn't used this type of mask before and were looking for something a bit more nourishing).

The beauty of Lush products

Natural ingredients will please both current Lush followers and those who are new to the brand.  It's also excellent that the product is made fresh and labeled with its mix date and expiration date on the bottom of the package.

Drawbacks?

I wouldn't note any negative points about this product except for the expiration date.  It is super to find a product that is made fresh but what comes with that is a short use time, which might not be appealing to all shoppers.  Although, I will probably use mine a week or so longer than it suggests in the packaging which might be a good option for other users to ensure they get the most use out of this item.

Repurchase?

I would repurchase this mask but I will also try others in the Lush Fresh Face Mask line because I would like to see how they compare.  As always, I will review any products I purchase on my blog.

Recommend?

This mask does a brilliant job at reducing oil on oily/combination skin and helps to rejuvenate and calm troubled skin.  I would suggest this to any consumer (male or female) who is looking for a low-cost face mask.



No comments:

Post a Comment